There’s an island within a lake that is situated on an island located in a lake on an island in the Philippines called Vulcan Points. But, it’s not the largest such island. Vulcan Points is about 50×80 meters in size (about 164×262 feet). “The largest island-in-a-lake-on-an-island-in-a-lake-on-an-island in the world ” title belongs to an island named Third Order Island: it’s about 110×120 meters in size (about 361×394 feet). Third Order Island is located in an unnamed lake that is situated on an unnamed island that is located in an unnamed lake on Victoria Island, Canada.
Here is the map of Victoria Island, Canada.
Here’s an unnamed lake on Victoria Island – one of the thousands of lakes located on the Canadian island:
Let’s continue to zoom in: here’s an unnamed island in that unnamed lake, and again, an unnamed lake in that island:
And here is the Third Order Island: it’s the largest island within a lake that is situated on an island located in a lake on an island in the world.
The eighth-largest island in the world, Victoria Island (Inuinnaqtun: Kitlineq) is in the Arctic Archipelago that straddles the boundary between Nunavut and the Northwest Territories of Canada. At 217,291 km2 (83,897 square miles)1 in area, it is also Canada’s second-largest island.
Related: Top 18 Largest Islands on Earth
Location of the largest island-in-a-lake-on-an-island-in-a-lake-on-an-island
It is located at exactly 69.793° N, 108.241° W.
- “World’s Largest Island-in-a-lake-on-an-island-in-a-lake-on-an-island Seen on Google Earth” on the Live Science website
- Victoria Island on Wikipedia
- John F. Kennedy announced Moon landing goal on May 25, 1961 - May 25, 2022
- Are today’s monkeys evolving into humans? No, here’s why - May 23, 2022
- Earth passed through the tail of Halley’s Comet on May 19, 1910 - May 19, 2022